Thursday, December 21, 2006

Remember to have Christ in your Christmas

Obviously it's been a while since I blogged, but with the holidays coming up I haven't really had time. Also a good friend of mine's husband passed away and I've been trying to help her. This has taught me so much. It has reminded me that God has lent us life on earth for only so long, and we have no idea when He might call us home to Him again. We must embrace each day as a time for loving our families and friends and for telling "the old, old story of Jesus and His love". Seriously it is so easy at this time of year to forget about what matters the most. That wonderful gift from above, a baby born humbly in a manager, our Saviour Jesus Christ. It was only a few days ago that I was worried about cleaning up the messes the kids have made and making the house perfect for Christmas. And I was worried about rushing around getting presents wrapped and just in general forgetting the whole reason for this season. I needed to remember to keep Christ in Christmas! For those who wouldn't mind please pray for my friend as she goes through this difficult time. Thanks.

No comments: