Friday, November 17, 2006

I guess it's been a while

So I haven't blogged in about a week. It's been a little hectic but not too bad considering we are a big family. My current project is to put all the dressers in the house in my bedroom so that I have one place to go when trying to put away laundry, or help the kids put their's away. Tomorrow my sister is coming over to help me get this done. Oh, and tomorrow R has his go-see-it Police Station visit for Cub Scouts. He is very excited! Also, his AWANA and cub scouts are both doing a pinewood derby this year so he has to make two cars! But he is pretty excited about this too.
I am finding it hard, given the holidays, that my hubby is overseas. We try to IM almost everyday but it's still hard when I don't have him here with me. Yet the good Lord is using this time as such a learning experience for me. God is giving me the faith to step back and remember that He is carrying me through this hard time. And while He is working on me He is showing me how to be a better financial planner for our family. Since I do the budget I have been trying to get us to be debt free. Yes it will be awhile until we reach this goal, but the important thing is that we are trying and getting closer. Everytime I start to get down about money, God reminds me of all we have already payed off and overcome. Plus he is always sending me little reminders that He wants to help me. For example about a week or two ago our DVD player broke. Well, living on a budget means having to wait to replace things when they break, so I planned out how to budget for a new one. A few days later me dad called saying he had something to drop off for us. It was a new DVD player! Isn't that great! God is good and He takes care of us, not only our needs but also he helps us to have little extras in our life. This is so great because it is almost the season to start watching It's A Wonderful Life, one of my all time favorite movies. Okay, well goodbye for now. God Bless you.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Thank you for posting a comment at my site. It has been hectic here! We are leaving tomorrow for CA for 6 months (I will be having baby #5 there and staying with my parents while hubby is away). And wow--packing for four children, and all of our homeschool supplies, I have two in diapers, and a six hour flight ahead of us--just me and my kiddos--I will need lots of prayer!

I hope to "chat" with you more in the future. You probably have some good experience you can share with me. My hubby was on a ship the last time 5 1/2 years ago. This is his first deployment since then, and the first one not on a ship. It's a little different, but MUCH better than a ship!
I don't know when I'll be online again, but I hope to hear from you soon!