Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Where were you?

It's that anniversary again, Sept. 11, 2001. The day of our generation that no one will forget. I was driving home from my honeymoon, ready to enjoy one last day with my new hubby before he shipped out to Navy boot camp. We arrived home to my grandfather watching the tv and eating his cereal. I asked him what was happening and he said he wasn't sure, he had just turned it on but it seemed that some planes flew into the World Trade Center buildings. I can remember watching the news as the next plane hit the Pentegon. I remember being so scared for my husband. Yet after that day everyone seemed so united. I can remember being so proud that my dh was going to be in the Navy and serve our country. His recruiter said that many young men and women were calling and trying to go fight the "people who did this". What a time, and to think it was six years ago. Sometimes it seems like just yesterday. I hope that everyone can stop and say a prayer for those families who lost so much on this day. And I also hope that you can say a prayer for our brave servicemen and women who continue to put their lives on the line so that we can have freedom and fight in this war on terrorism. Sept. 11, 2001 We will not forget!

No comments: